Monday, April 19, 2010

Prometheus

So, first let me apologize. I am very sorry that I have taken so long to post and because I have to put a pause on my composting series. Hopefully, I will throw down on the two more instrumental poems that I want to write soon.

Today though, I would like to share a new style of poem with you. In composition it is the same but, the process is different. I call these sudden poems. These are composed in a fit of emotion: joy, love, sadness, hate. They are undoubtedly the most common poems I compose.

Also, I hope to have some pictures of Beaux Arts posted for you next time.

Prometheus

There he stole my fire.
With Guile and stealth
and treachery

He called me as his friend.
We dined and laughed together;
Yet, when the flickerin' embers
And ruby gleam caught his eye
Our friendship was lost.

There he stole my fire.
The desire and love of my mind,
The greatest possession of my soul.
He took it with wanting eyes,
Where flames and Lust danced within.

Now, the heavens are dark.
Friendless, without warmth and light.
My days spent, watching and loving
An afterimage, of flame he held.

For, I cannot discard my love.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Amazing that you can come up with such prose. Not sure what it is all about but it does flow rather well.

Poetry Dan said...

Mom, prose is writing like novels and magazine articles. Even the stuff I write before the poem is prose. Poetry is verse, though. :)

Ann said...

Thanks for the correction, my son. Guess all the schoolin' is paying off. :)

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Marian said...

dude it's Marian, we mite come to Tennesee or Kentucky mid July~ email me asap kiddo

marianfmcl@gmail.com