Thursday, April 8, 2010

Beaux Arts Coming up

The Beaux Arts Ball, hosted by UK's College of Design, will be this Saturday and I am super duper psyched. Last year I went as Doc Holiday and Fayth went as Big Nose Kate. It was a fun time for all and a freaky time for Lexington. I only hope the same for the Beaux arts ball this year.

Speaking of this year, I have a great costume plan. I plan on being the Doritos Samurai from the Super Bowl Commercial. What can I say, I love doritos, so crunchy and tasty. YUM :)

I have the second of my musical profile poems for you today. This bit of poetry is about the Guitar. If you would like an extra bit of lyricism in your life today: try comparing the Guitar poem with the Horn poem. They are poetry written in series, they do have some correlation between them. See what you can find!

Guitar

A strum begins the battle,
One man grips the neck in one hand
And strums his fingers across the body.
With the rhythm in his grasp he
bends it to his will, no resistance.

His fingers dance across the
pressure points of melody, striking
with precise time. Each fret
and strum: a fainting blow,
each chord a slash of layered steel.
With calculated performance, he
dispatches each individual target.

He carries his Guitar, like
a rogue his blade.
With agility and stealth
it can strike you, unknowing.

5 comments:

helenabelle said...

OK I'm not quite sure what you mean about the horn poem...couldn't find that but I do like the guitar poem, very good writing!
Have fun at the ball and you behave yourself now, you hear. :)

Dan said...

Mom, the horn poem was the last poem I posted.

Ann said...

Ok, Ok, it wasn't made clear to me but now I understand...still think it is a great poem and the horn one is good too. Yes, I reread it. When are you going to try and make some money off of these great poems??

Ann said...

OK~I have studied the poems and here is the similarity...both of them start with a fight in the first verse and the wrestling continues until the last verse when the player ultimately wins. :) Got it!

HOGBandit said...

So... How was the Ball? Any pictures?