Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Red Light Beauty

Red Light Beauty
I can see your face.
Red light highlighting your features,
Each line, composing your smile,
Glows with a surreal ruby gleam.
I can see your face.

You lean in, so close to me.
Intoxicating, your sweet cinnamon scent
And the grip of your red-bathed hand,
Loosen my grip on the wheel.


Reeling, in the miasma of my affections,
Your soft cheeks,
pointed chin,
loving eyes,
delicate ears,
All bathed in a crimson wash that says:
“Go on, Love me”

I can hear the red light screaming to me:
Stop caring,
Stop worrying
Stop needing.
Stop everything, short of love.

In the moment, our lips now touch.
A kiss ensues, erupting joy.
I imagine my features red like yours
Speaking of passion and love.
The blushing lost in ambiguity.

I can see your face,
The comforting rouge, now a jarring green.
I am pulled from you, told to stop.
My hands on the wheel, I drive on.
I hope to see you again,
My Red Light Beauty.

No comments: